The Women Warriors Forum Index The Women Warriors
Uniting people, reclaiming the planet Earth

Home    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  ChatChat Room   

By entering this site, you agree to the disclaimers and the confidentiality agreement on our Home Page
MEMBERSHIP ON THIS BOARD IS BY INVITATION ONLY.

ANONYMOUS SURFING AND REGISTERING LINKS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Women Warriors Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MessiahMews
Woman Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: ANONYMOUS SURFING AND REGISTERING LINKS Reply with quote

From the Indigo Rising Forum

I personally have not had time to check these out as I have been on a course all weekend. I wanted to get them up here so folks can give feedback on them and I know AV will know something about it all.
Nimuae

GREAT ONLINE PRIVACY TOOLS FOR FREE!!

Date: Saturday, 1 October 2005, 11:32 a.m.

I have always been annoyed with websites that require a "valid" email to view or download something. Or the websites that require you to "register" before viewing. I found some great tools that give me a temporary email (for a couple of hours) or enable me to surf the web privately or "validly" register and still maintain my privacy. Check them out, bookmark the links and try it on some test websites to see how you like it. I did and now I use them. They are a great service to the cyberworld...let other STAers know your results...

http://www.mailinator.net/mailinator/index.jsp - instant temp email
http://www.bugmenot.com/ avoid website registration
http://www.all-nettools.com/toolbox,privacy - anonymous surfing, anonymous remailer...

Quick description of above:

mailinator:
Have you ever gone to a website that asks for your email address? (haven't we all). You know that the moment you type it in, it is streaming across the net on its way to every spam database in the world. You simply can't be that careless with your personal email address.

What if there was a website that any and every email address you can think of already exists. And you use any one you like, anytime you like - just by thinking one up.

Welcome to Mailinator™. It's like super-instant, always-ready, any-email-you-want email. Right now. It's your personal disposable email account. Here is how it works: You are on the web, at a party, or talking to your favorite insurance salesman. Wherever you are, someone (or some webpage) asks for your email. You know if you give it, you're gambling with your privacy. On the other hand, you do want at least one message from that person. The answer is to give them a mailinator address. You don't need to sign-up. You just make it up on the spot. Pick schminky@mailinator.com or funwump123@mailinator.com — pick anything you want.

Later, come to this site and check that account. Its that easy. Mailinator accounts are created when mail arrives for them. No signup, no personal information, and when you're done — you can walk away — an instant solution to one way spammers get your address. It's an anti-spam solution for everyone. Your temporary email account will be automatically deleted for you after a few hours.

Some services all-nettools.com offers:

Anonymous Surfing
Select an anonymous proxy server from the drop-down list, enter a URL and click "Go" to view a site anonymously.

Anonymous Remailer
Your message will be sent through the anonymous mixmaster remailer system. This means that nothing will be left in the headers of the message to identify where the message came from, it will be encrypted before it leaves this system and it will be remailed through several other mixmaster remailers before it gets to its destination.

Feedback greatly appreciated on this one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Women Warriors Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: